5 Ways To Be Productive During Quarantine
Updated: Apr 17
If you would rather listen to this post you can click the link below:
While I can not say I have ever been quarantined (I don’t think many of us have) I was a full time stay at home mom for a number of years and that can sometimes feel similar 🤣. It took me awhile (years) to figure out, but there a few things I strived to do everyday to keep my days at home productive. Most importantly, adding in these elements helped me stay in a healthier place mentally and emotionally.
I have kept these elements in my days as a full time working mom, part time working mom. Now as a “quarantined, part time working, homeschooling mom” 🤪 I am doubling down on them to keep my days manageable and keep everyone in my family healthy and as happy as possible.
1. Make a Plan for the Day: I like to get up before the rest of my family and spend a few minutes drinking a cup of coffee and making a quick list of what needs to get done that day and what I would like to get done that day. I find I do this naturally when I am working, because I have to in order to accomplish everything. However, when you are spending your days at home, it is easy to just get up, do whatever in the morning, get side tracked, and before you know it, it’s dinner time and you have not gotten anything done. I like making the list of “must do’s” and “like to do’s” because it helps me prioritize my tasks throughout the day when I have a choice of what to do next.
2. Get Outside & Move: This can be any type of movement. Right now my movement of choice is running, but when both of my sons where babies, I was so sleep deprived I was not running. BUT I would always make sure to go out for a walk at least and breath some fresh air. If the weather was crummy, I would set up a body weight circuit in my living room. Right now, I like to get my run in before my kids are awake, but I make sure that we all go outside together again later on in the day to get some energy out. One day this week we walked to a local park and played soccer twice and they had great attitudes all day. Looking around (from 6ft away) I can see this is not a novel idea. So many people in my community are out walking around, riding bikes, etc. and I think it is great!
3. Shower & Get Dressed: Even if you have no where to go, get ready, get dressed and do your hair a little; you will feel better. If you go day after day looking like a slob, you will start feeling like a slob even if no one else sees you. I’m not saying you have to look like you normally would going to the office, but shower, put on some clean sweatpants, & maybe a little makeup.
4. Do Something For Yourself: Paint you nails, stretch, foam roll, do a few minutes of yoga; anything that makes you feel better after.
5. Catch Up Remotely with a Friend or Family Member: Pick a friend or family member that you have not talked to in awhile call and catch up with. The virus doesn’t jump through a phone, so it’s a perfect time to catch up with others. It will also help us not feel so alone.
How are you making your days productive during this weird season of life?
#bostonblanca #margsandmarathons #MermaidTurnedRunner #teamnuun #nuunlove #nuunlife #VespaAthlete #TeamVespa #motherrunner #runner #running #run #fitness #runners #training #runningmotivation #marathon #marathontrianing #sport #runhappy #strongrunnerchick #instarunners #runnersofinstagram #igrunners #womanrunning #motherrunner #fit #runnersworld #runnerscommunity #garmin #karhu #irunthisbody #WomansRunningCommunity #sub3 #breaking3 #coronavirus #homeschool